Pages - Menu

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Less is more or more is less?

Have you ever thought of how many kids you wanna have in the future? Yes, I know the question is silly but I don't think it's wrong to imagine yourself having a family of your own and the number of children you'll be having. My grandma has 11 siblings including her and I've always been amazed by the fact that my great grandparents had raised 11 children despite the hardship that they had faced in the past. I remember my grandma used to tell me that the people back then they don't rely on food that are sold in the market or shops. The rice that they eat is from the paddy that they planted at the paddy field, wild vegetables and tapioca (ubi kayu) can be easily found around the house.


Okay, back to my main point. The reason why I did this post is to share my thoughts on families that have many children. When I say many, I mean MANY! This thought came up when I watched 17 kids and counting baby 18 on TLC. The Duggar family consists of the father, the mother and their 18 children and when I googled about them on the net, the family now has welcomed the 19th baby. If you've watched the tv show before, you'll notice that the family is very religious and they live a conservative life. It can be seen by the way they dress actually which they don't show much skin and one of the episode that I watched, they even have their own 'conservative' bathing suit that looks like a diving suit but shorter.


At the back of my mind I was like how can they raise 19 children? My first question about the show was don't the husband ever feel pity for his wife to keep getting pregnant? Not forgetting millions of house chores that they will have to do! It may be rational for them to keep having kids cos they think it's right. According to their official website, children are a blessing from the Lord. To be fair, I personally agree with the verse from the bible but at the same time, think of whether is it right for you or not. The more, the merrier. Does it even comply to the situation? Sure, if a couple afford to do so but I've seen the worst side of it. I'm sure we've seen many stories mostly on the news about poor families that has so many children, more than they can really afford to raise and these families would ask for help from those who had watched the news about them. Many politicians would step up to aid in terms of finance, providing new shelter, education fee and so on. When I watch this kind of thing on the news I would loudly say "Why would they have so many children in the first place? Relying on charity to raise children, bagus dorang hantar anak dorang pi rumah kebajikan." I know that may sound a little bit harsh but don' you ever think of that side of the story? Sex is fun, maybe that's how the poor parents entertain themselves for not having all the technologies cos they couldn't afford any. Beside, isn't it selfish that the parents keep 'pleasuring' themselves without thinking the consequence that maybe another 'burden' might be on their way? Ouch!  


My view on this would be people should know when to stop. Children is a blessing but don't have too much until it reaches to a point where you feel that your children has become a burden and the family will suffer.




Nda ko rasa sasak ka kalau begini? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment