"For he says, “In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation."-2 Corinthians 6:2
Today is Ash Wednesday which also means it is the start of Lent month. According to Roman Catholic church, the month of Lent is the holiest month of all because it allow those who believe in Him to prepare themselves for Jesus Christ's death and His glorious resurrection.
As I was browsing the internet about Lent, I came across this link about What To Give Up On Lent: 20 Weird Ideas and I found it interesting so I decided to create my own list ( I might copy some from the 20 ideas) since Lent is the right time for me to do some repentance and live in moderation for 40 days.
1. Pray the “Hail Mary” and do an ab crunch for every single word
2. Stop complaining and/or being negative
3. Listen at least one christian song a day
4. Read the day's bible reading each day
5. Consume less meat ( no meat on friday)
6. Spend less time on the internet
7. Help more with the house chores and be nicer to my younger siblings *edited*
8. Everyday do 20 (or 100) pushups and offer it up for someone who’s sick
9. Give up my pillow when I sleep
10. Not to eat more than 2 meals per day
I know mine is a little weird but at least I am willing to give up some things that I know will be hard to live without, like my pillow :) What's yours?
p/s: My valentine's day story will be in my next post, promise. Happy Lent to all my christians friends! :)
Click here to know more about Lent
Image source from Life Teen