Pages - Menu

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Blessings...

Hello all!! How are you guys? I hope everything is good and happy weekend to us!! It has been a long hiatus and all of the sudden today, the urge to update my long forgotten blog kicked in. Well, at least I post something once in awhile, right?

Since my hiatus, so many wonderful things happened to me and I can't thank God enough for the bountiful of blessings that He has showered me and one of them is I finally get a job that I can see myself happy to be working. I started on the 1st of April and so far, the job has been fun. And also thank God that up until now, I have never feel lazy or obligated to wake up in the morning to go to work. Of course if I went to bed late the previous night I will feel like shit waking up the next day but yet again, I have not feel any negative related in the morning going to work, not even the monday blues. Some people might say that maybe it's still in the early stage of me being a working woman, maybe they are right or maybe I have found a job that I love. I don't know but the main thing now is, I like what I am doing now and this feeling of having a job that you like is a really good and filled with positivity. I now feel more confident about myself and this, the feeling that you don't need parents to give you allowance is by far the best feeling ever! I get to spend my hard earning salary by treating the family to a nice dinner, buying stuff that my younger siblings need and grocery shopping occasionally. I feel happy to hear the word thank you from my family when I pay for their dinner and I have learned how hard it is to earn your own money. How much do I earn? Well, that's a secret I will never tell :) The working environment in the office is really good too although I must say I don't really like my cubicle cos my colleagues get to see what I'm doing. And we have to be barefoot in the office, very comfortable! The pantry is fully stocked with coffee and tea making facilities, a bicycle machine for those who are sleepy after having a big lunch and climbing walls. Yes, climbing walls! Since I'm working with a mountaineering company so I think the climbing wall is sort of like essential to the company. When I first started working, I was blown away when I saw the climbing wall. About my colleagues, well I have grown close to some of them. My manager is a really nice lady, she tried her best to make me feel comfortable and I have certainly feel like I'm one of them now. A senior of mine is like an older sister that I never have, I can go to her whenever I have problems about my job and she will help and guide me, just like a sister would. And she is crazy!! The 2 girls in the reservation team are as well crazy! The four of us, me, my sister, the 2 reservation girls make a good collabo in the office. We are the ones that laugh the loudest, talk the loudest and we became close friends. All in all, I like my new job!

Other than that, I found out that I've lost 2kg after not stepping on the scale for so long. Maybe there are truths about don't mind much about our weight, just eat healthily and drink lots of H2O. I was surprised when I get on the office's scale a few days ago, I was like "Wait, is this scale fucking with me right now?" and I smiled to myself and returned back to my cubicle. I couldn't believe what I just saw and when I got home that day, I immediately went into my room to check my weight using my scale and the same number showed on my scale! I was so ecstatic! I jumped up and down in my bedroom and cried cos I was so overwhelmed. Never thought that I could be so emotionally just because of 2kg weight loss. And again, I still praise the Lord for this blessing because all this while I've been battling with my weight since I couldn't remember when. I tried to keep track with my workout routines but failed to keep up because of my postgraduate classes are all after working hours and I rarely get to spend time for myself cos I would either spend time with families or friends. Besides, managing time is not my forté.

As for the love department, I can feel that my relationship with Joel has grown stronger and honestly, to stay strong and in love in a long distant relationship is genuinely tough. And since I'm a girl, I get annoyed easily when Joel replied my text in 2-3 minutes cos to me it is not quick enough. Even though in my heart I know he's probably busy helping his parents but I still want my needs to be prioritized before his responsibilities. I nagged almost every day because of his lack of emotion when we are texting and the worst thing is that my assumptions get so wild to the point that he might have other girl than me. When I told him about my assumptions, he of course got angry but still stick with me. All the nagging and annoyance, he still loves me. I prayed to God to give me perseverance, calm me down when I'm about to explode, think what type of person Joel is before I assume and when there is something that I don't think is right, instead of shooting it at him bluntly, I should share with him instead of bombarding about my dissatisfactions. And thankfully God has helped me in a way that I can't explain. I started to feel a little bit relaxed and not oppressing him so much. Although I am still struggling but I can feel changes in me and so did Joel. I wanted to change and I ask God for it because I know that Joel is a good person and he doesn't deserve to be treated the way I treated him. I should be his partner, a companion that he can rely on and can work together with him in our relationship, not being an immature, self-centered spoiled brat that always nag or complaint. I wanted to be a better person so that I'll treat not just Joel, but everybody better.

I can't express enough how powerful a prayer can be and because of that I am showered with all these beautiful blessings. I'm very thankful.




Don't count your blessing but be thankful for all the good things that you have received...


Au revoir,
Jessica











1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Its been a while now.

    Well I used to scold my bf too when he showed lack of emotion and doesnt reply me fast..well he replied like after one minutes or two minutes like that. But i considered that too slow,furthermore now whatsapp got the double blue tick. So you know what I meant. Gosh, I try to control and I do pray to God but maybe I never pray that harder.

    Anyhow, thanks for this post. It really really wake me up.

    God Bless!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete