Pages - Menu

Friday, November 6, 2015

Blog Every Day in November 2015 #BEDN Day 3: Food Glorious Food

I'm quite behind in posting for this #BEDN challenge cos some personal things had bugged me so much that I was so pissed and I didn't even have the feeling to blog for the past few days. I hope I can keep up with the challenge and posting updates on time after this. *fingers crossed* So here goes...

To some, food is probably just a part of necessities in life whereby you consume to live and that's it. For me, that's not the case. I have a passion for food so much that if you see my body, you will understand how passionate I am! :D I am such a foodie and I'm willing to try anything new but I would say that I am not too keen to the weird and exotic food. I don't even dare to eat them cos I know that I will puke it out immediately. 

 I was quite ecstatic knowing that for Day 3 #BEDN challenge is to blog about food, oh so glorious food! I immediately began composing my blog post inside my head like should I blog about my faves or should I share about my recent foodie adventure like trying out new food that I recently did with my friends or why not all? Even doing that has made me salivating. 

The past few months, I've been trying to live healthier and I've been making healthy choices in terms of what goes into my belly. I learned that healthier meals are delicious and I won't feel guilty if I ate more of it cos I know they are healthy. So these are some of my favourite go-to healthy meals that I absolutely love, which are salads with lots of veggies with sesame dressing! I hate to have mayonnaise or any mayo-based dressings cos they are super unhealthy and contains a lot of fat! 


Bought this packed salad at Pick n Pay Lintas before heading home from university, I thought I won't feel full but in fact, it's the total opposite. It was very fulfilling even though the portion was quite small.


I used to hate oat but I am fond if it now! I try to eat it every day for breakfast because it made me full the whole day and also for its health benefits. Do you know consuming oat daily can save you from heart and high cholesterol problems? Think about it...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Quite recently, I started to have sweet tooth and there will be times that I crave for sweet desserts. I never liked sweet stuff before but I guess my taste palette is evolving and I enjoyed devouring sweet eats once in awhile but not those overly sweet too death that you just can't stop drinking water after every bite cos that could lead to hyperactivity. 



I must say I love this Green Tea Bingsu at Nunpat! It's not overly sweet and I love the green tea powder and the red bean balls! And I don't really feel guilty about indulging myself with this dessert cos it's GREEN TEA!! The portion is super big so you will need some assistants to finish this 1 big bowl of bingsu!


Coffee and cakes, great combination! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

When it comes to food, I can't never leave my Asian/Chinese delicacy. Being Asian, I love Asian dish so much; not because I have it every single day, but because it means comfort for me.




My love for Dim Sum is no joke! Before I depart for my healthy eating journey, I can finish 10 servings of Dim Sum easily! But now, 2 serving is enough for me. AHHHH I'm craving for some now!!! The 1st picture was taken at my usual Dim Sum place at Evergreen Restaurant in Donggongon, it is probably the cheapest place for Dim Sum. I mean there are no other places that sell 5 serving for RM11.00. The 2nd picture was taken at this popular Dim Sum place near CKS Millennium, couldn't recall the name of the restaurant and the Dim Sum sold there are a bit pricey. Per serving cos about RM3.00++. 



I must say I miss Sarawak's Mee Kolok and the Laksa Sarawak! Food there are super cheap! These 2 bowls of noodles only cost me RM6.00! No way in hell you could get food this cheap in Sabah!



Looking at these pictures sure is making me hungry!!! 






Au revoir,
Jess



6 comments:

  1. Babe let go dim sum huntings!!! Hungry~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LETS!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha I love dim sum hunting!!!!

      Delete
  2. lapar sdh gila2 ni....adeh.....hari ni a start x mkn carb..duina...kejap2 lpar....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha makan carb ckit baaa.. mind telling ur diet plan? u dont eat carb at all ka ni?

      Delete
  3. Aiiiih very the silaka sadap2 mkanan ko hahahaha mcm sadap o tu bingsu...sya pun rindu o laksa swak dan mmg murahhh sana o kan...mau p sana lg haha tiba2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu bingsu memg sadap!! hahahaha kan??? sy pn rindu makan d srwk yg murah2.. nxt year kita pi tgk rwmf la...

      Delete