Pages - Menu

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014!!

January of 2014 is coming to an end. Already?! Yeahh like in 10 days time and I hope it's still not to late to wish everybody HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's start anew and make 2014 an even better year than 2013. Good luck for those who've set their 2014 resolutions and for those who don't, just go with the flow and let's just see what 2014 have for us.

I don't remember if I've set myself any big resolutions for 2013 but I know that I did set up a few goals for me to achieve and of course one of them is the most common one, which is to lose weight. I did lose like a 2 kg before I started my postgraduate studies in September but I stop losing weight right after that cos my classes are from 7pm-10pm and because of that, I couldn't go to my usual 7pm zumba class because of the time clash. But at the same time, I thank God that I didn't gain any weight because I've been practicing yoga during the day. Phew! So, at least I'm closer to my weight goal.

I read somewhere that the key to achieve our new year resolutions is to aim relatively low. Quite cliche, isn't it? But come to think of it, I have to agree with it cos I've set up so many new year resolutions in the previous years and to be frank, I've never (yes, never..) accomplish all of my goals. Yes, I am not going to deny that I am one of the many people who are historically suck at keeping my resolutions. I only stick with the resolutions probably for a few months in the beginning of the year but after that it's like the resolutions were never even exist. 

But this year, my thoughts and views on resolutions have changed or evolved, to be precise. I think this is because I would like to feel a sense of accomplishment in the end of the year. It didn't go well for me last year cos when I was trying to recap my life in 2013, I couldn't think of anything that is significance. That moment of realization, last year for me was a blur. I felt like I've been living in a bubble. 

My approach of setting up my resolutions this year is to set some small resolutions this year which I think are easy for me to stick with and hopefully *fingers crossed* achieving them all. I made a simple list on this really cute notebook which I think really represent me that was given by Zaris. As for the resolutions list, I list them out according to how I  feel which one is more important than the others. After that, I write down small actions that I can do that will help me to achieve my resolutions. In my case, being healthy is my top priorities. In order for me to live healthier in 2014, the small actions that I wrote down are drink more water, drink less sweet beverages or carbonated drinks, eat more fruits and veges. 

Besides living healthily, blog more and often is also one of my top resolutions that I'd really like to achieve this year. This blog has been unattended for a very long time and it's such a pity because I used to blog everyday when I was younger. In fact, there were days that I posted more than 4 updates in a day. The previous 2 years were the worst cos I only posted like less than 10 posts (I think) combine. People said that as we grow, we change and same goes to priorities cos they shift with us too. But at the back of my mind, I don't want my blog to just die cos I have fond memories of blogging here and there are some posts that are special to me. So I think this year is a good time for me to revive this baby. So my small actions are to write down any blog inspirations on paper so that I will always have ideas in stock that I can use for my blog update and also to post at least once a week. 

I know that resolutions can be very intimidating and daunting especially when new year is just around the corner but let just remind ourselves that to improve who we are is a tough job and there will be definitely a  time where we will stray faraway from our goals and that my friends, is NORMAL. Failing is not even an option and don't get frustrated with it, treat failures as learning curves and adjust the resolutions so that it works for you, try again. Just keep trying and don't be too hard on yourself because the accomplishment might not taste as sweet if there is no failure, right? :)




Au revoir,
Jess


"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living"
Gail Sheehy



2 comments:

  1. Ya happy new year! masih bleh wish ba hihi...what a long post haha anyway, let's just go with the flow :D cheers buddy! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe thanks moi!! haha quite long juga oh my post kan?? didn't notice ni ba hehe

    ReplyDelete